located in Kansas City MO is home of the Kansas City Chiefs and is part of Kansas City’s Truman Sports Complex (together with Kauffman Stadium). It is the fourth largest Stadium in the NFL in terms of seating capacity and is behind only Cowboys Stadium, MetLife Stadium, and FedEx Field. Arrowhead is known to have one of the loudest crowds in the NFL, which provides the Chiefs with a tremendous home field advantage. The stadium also features college football, Major League Soccer and major concert tours.
In 2010 a major renovation was completed on the 40 year old stadium, which has made it one of the most modern and fan friendly stadiums in the NFL. Initially, the Hunt Family (owners of the Chiefs) were only going to $75 Million towards the $375 million dollar renovation, but due to the sagging economy, the upped their end of the deal to over $325 million, with taxpayers picking up the remaining $50 million.
Field Surface: AstroTurf (1972-1993) Grass (1994-present)
Looking for Tickets to a Game or Event at Arrowhead?
Arrowhead Stadium General Information
Located at the intersection of I-435 and I-70
- Red reserve parking is not Lot specific. You will be directed to the closest red reserve lot available to accommodate you as quickly as possible, following the directions of our TRAFFIC personnel.
- If you have Gold Parking; to best access your lot follow the direction/gate entrance on the back of your parking pass.
- To access Gold D and Gold E lots, enter Gate 5.
- Bus and RV parking is available in the gravel lot behind Lot N. Grass parking is available on a first-come, first-serve basis in many areas; however the vehicle cannot block a roadway.
- The interior roads on all sides of Arrowhead Stadium are blocked.
- For those who typically park in the grass, construction trailers may now fill your favorite spot.
Gates open 3 1/2 hours prior to kickoff
Box Office Numbers
Box Office Hours
Types of Payment Accepted
Accessible Parking Areas:
Parking is available in the front of Lots B, C, D, F, G, H, and M. The appropriate state-issued hang tag or license plate is required and strictly enforced. If you have a hang tag we ask that you display it in a visible location to help the parking staff direct you to the designated parking areas. In addition, the person to whom the disabled tag was issued must be in the vehicle and may be asked to present a state disabled registration card. Accessible parking cannot be purchased in advance and guests will pay the cash parking rate. These areas will be filled on a first-come, first- served basis.
The Chiefs have provided several passenger carts that tour the parking lots and offer assistance to the stadium gates on a first-come, first-served basis. Carts are also available at the bus drop off located at the southeast corner of Kauffman Stadium. Cart assistance begins 2 rd quarter and continues for 30 minutes after the game concludes. Call 816-920-4382 for assistance.
Guests with disabilities can enter the stadium at the four (4) corner gates and at the Tower entrance. The spiral ramps at the corners of the stadium do not meet current ADA wheelchair slope requirements. Elevators are also available throughout the stadium (see appropriate sections below and the accompanying maps).
All public elevators at Arrowhead Stadium are available to guests needing special assistance. There are accessible elevators located on each side of the stadium.
Plaza West GateClub, and North Sideline Upper level.
Gate C s the Field, Club, and East End Zone Upper levels. (Wheelchair access is at Gate D or the Sprint Gate)
Tower Gate services Field, Plaza, Club, South Sideline Upper, Horizon, and Press levels.
Escalators to the Club level are located at the Founders Plaza and Tower Gates.
Non-emergency wheelchair assistance to your stadium seating location is available at the stadium gates and the bus drop-off. Guests are asked to supply their own wheelchair if they need one for the duration of the game. To request assistance, contact the gate supervisor at any entrance or call 816-920-4382.
Wheelchair-Accessible Seating and Tickets:
Wheelchair seating is located on the Field, Club, and Horizon levels. Seating is on raised platforms which meet governmental requirements for access and enhanced sightlines. In addition to the person needing accessible seating, an adjacent companion seat is available. Subject to space availability, up to two additional companion seats may be purchased.
Stadium and parking lot staff will promptly intervene to support an environment where all event patrons can enjoy the game. Fans attending games are required to refrain from the following behaviors:
- Behavior that is unruly, disruptive or illegal in nature
- Intoxication or other signs of alcohol or substance impairment that results in irresponsible behavior
- Foul or abusive language or obscene gestures
- Interference with the progress of the game, going onto the field or throwing objects onto the field
- Failing to follow instructions of stadium personnel
- Verbal or physical harassment of opposing team fans
- Smoking except in designated areas
- Obscene or indecent clothing or signs
- Behavior that detracts from the day of game enjoyment of fellow fans; i.e. blocking views
- Attempting to sit in a location other than the guest’s ticketed seat
- Conduct that endangers spectators or participants
- Selling items or tickets in stadium or within the sports complex
Prior to entering stadium gates, all guests will be subject to security screening which includes pat downs and inspections of all bags and items entering the stadium. Any prohibited item must be returned to your vehicle. To ensure that you are in your seat in time for kick off, please allow an extra 30 minutes at the turnstile entrances.
For safety and security, the following items are prohibited in Arrowhead:
- Firearms, weapons of any type or fireworks
- Bags larger than 8 1/2″ x 11″ x 6″
- All backpacks
- Sports balls
- Coolers – any size, any type
- Plastic, metal or glass cups, cans or containers
- Thermos bottles or flasks
- Beer or liquor
- Video cameras or professional cameras/lenses
- Flammable liquids
- Noisemakers – air horns, klaxon, bells, whistles, etc.
- Boom boxes
- Portable heaters
- Laser pointers of any type, poles or rods
- Large strollers
- Any other items deemed dangerous or unacceptable by security
The following items are permitted into the stadium:
- Fanny packs (unattached from your body)
- Purses no larger than 8½” x 11″ x 6″ (must fit in template at the gate as you enter the stadium)
- Drawstring bag unattached from the body, no larger than 8 ½” x 11″ x 6″, with no outside pockets
- Blankets (not in a carrier)
- Banners, signs and flags (no larger than 3′ x 5′) are permitted as long as they do not interfere with other guests
- Small diaper bags (if infant is with guest)
- Breast pump and supplies
- Plastic baby bottles
- Binoculars and case
- Small still camera and case
- Hand-held radios and TVs are permitted if they do not interfere with other guests – an ear piece must be used to listen
- Small compact umbrella (rainy games only)
- Seat cushion – lightweight foam with sealed plastic cover
Ages three and older require a game day ticket.
Arrowhead Smoking Policy
For the comfort of all Arrowhead guests, smoking is prohibited in the seating bowl and all areas of the stadium except the designated smoking areas listed below. So that guests who smoke will not miss the game, TV’s are provided in all areas except the press stairwells.
Designated smoking areas are:
• At the top of the field level end zone stairs behind sections 110 and 128
• Designated areas at the four corner entry gates on street level
• Sections of the upper sideline level bars
• Press level exterior stairwells.
Fans who fail to comply with this policy after a warning are subject to ejection from the stadium and potential revocation of tickets.
All parking lots will open 3 1/2 hours prior to kickoff. Encouraging patrons early entry to avoid long waiting in pat down lines.