is a 1.5 mile tri-oval racetrack located in Joliet, Illinois, a suburb located southwest of Chicago. The speedway opened in 2001 and currently hosts NASCAR racing including the opening race in the 2011 Chase for the Sprint Cup. Until 2011, the speedway also hosted the IZOD IndyCar Series, recording numerous close finishes and spectacular crashes. The speedway is owned and operated by International Speedway Corporation and located adjacent to Route 66 Raceway.
Location: 500 Speedway Blvd., Joliet, Illinois, 60433 Opened: 2001 Capacity: Approx 75,000 Track Length: 1.5 Miles Track Shape: Tri-Oval Banking: Turns – 18°; Front Stretch – 11°; Back Stretch – 5°
Looking for Tickets to a Race in Chicagoland? Find them Here!
General Venue Information
The “Green Line” North-East Corridor
• Westbound I-80 traffic should exit at BRIGGS St. (exit 134) TURN LEFT
• 1.9 miles continue straight on MANHATTAN Rd/US 52
• .7 miles to LARAWAY Rd. TURN RIGHT
• Approx. 2 miles to lot entrance on left
The “Red Line” North-West Corridor
Follow southbound I-55. Don’t be distracted by directional signs on I-55 for “Joliet Road” or “Historic Rt. 66.” These routes lead through congested commercial and retail districts and are subject to drawbridge lifts.
• Southbound I-55 traffic SHOULD STAY on I-55 until I-80 EAST (exit 250A).
• Proceed 6.7 miles to IL Rt. 53/CHICAGO St. SOUTH (exit 132A).
• 2 miles on IL Rt. 53 SOUTH to LARAWAY Rd., TURN LEFT.
• Lot entrance on right.
The “Blue Line” South-East Corridor
• Take I-57 to MANHATTAN-MONEE Rd. WEST (exit 335).
• Follow Manhattan-Monee Rd. 11 miles to US 52. TURN RIGHT.
• 9 miles to SCHWEITZER Rd. TURN LEFT.
• Continue approx. 1 mile to lot entrance on right.
The “Yellow Line” South-West Corridor
• Take I-55 North to ARSENAL Rd. (exit 245).
• TURN RIGHT on ARSENAL Rd.
• After 2.9 miles Arsenal Rd. becomes MANHATTAN Rd.
• Continue on Manhattan Rd. 3.1 miles to IL Rt. 53 and TURN LEFT.
• 2.5 miles to SCHWEITZER Rd. TURN RIGHT.
• Lot entrance on left.
Guests using these routes will be given priority. Questions should be directed to Chicagoland Speedway’s official website, www.chicagolandspeedway.com, or the box office at 815-727-RACE.
All inbound traffic will be directed to the nearest parking lot. Day parking is free. Overnight parking is not allowed except in designated camping areas. A special motorcycle parking lot is located inside LOT E
Box Office Numbers
Chicagoland Speedway Box Office Numbers:
Ticket Office: 815-727-RACE
Administrative Office: 815-722-5500
Box Office Hours
Chicagoland Speedway Box Office Hours:
The Box Office is normally located in the administrative offices located off Schweitzer Rd and Route 53. During events, the Box Office is located at the Main Turnstile Gate.
Normal Box Office Hours:
Monday – Friday: 8:30am – 5pm
Race Week Box Office Hours:
Monday – Thursday: 9am – 5pm
Friday & Saturday: 8am – 6pm
Sunday: 8am – 3pm
There is a 16-ticket limit. Anyone wanting to purchase more than 16 tickets should contact Chicagoland Speedway group sales at 815-722-5500.
Types of Payment Accepted
Visa. MasterCard, Discover & Cash
Will Call may be picked up beginning race week during box office hours. Will Call will be available at the Main Turnstile Box Office. The account holder must present a valid photo i.d. and their name must match the information on the envelope.
Accessible seating is available at rows 1, 30 and 65 throughout the grandstands. 3 sets of elevators are available for guests with disabilities and one companion.
Guests with disabilities with a state issued license plate or window permit on
their vehicles may park in the designated accessible parking lot. Accessible
parking is available from all inbound corridors of our traffic plan. Two accessible lots are located at the north end of Lots C and D. To further assist you, complimentary accessible transports will be offered throughout event day.
NOTE: Loading areas and crosswalks (designated by yellow striping) may not
be obstructed in any way. Tailgating activities that involve equipment or large
assemblies of people are prohibited in loading and crosswalk areas.
Ramps are located on the lower level in Turn 1 sections 108/109, 118/119, and
130/131 and in Turn 4 sections 408/407 and 430/429 for accessible seating
on the lower level. Ramps for accessible seating on the Mezzanine level are
located in Turn 1 section 127 and in Turn 4 section 426. Ushers are available
for assistance near all accessible seating areas.
Accessible Transports are provided to assist guests with disabilities from
parking areas and Info Centers to the turnstile nearest their seats. Accessible
transports can be identified by the yellow flag placed on each transport. If
an Accessible transport is needed, please visit the nearest Info Center. Postrace
accessible transports will be located at the Main and South turnstiles
to transport guests back to the parking area. For the safety of our guests,
Accessible transports will not begin operation until 30 minutes after the
checkered flag. Please be advised that during peak periods, before and after
the race, you may experience some delays as we work to accommodate all
of our guests safely.
Three elevator towers are provided for suite holders, guests with disabilities
and one companion, and guests with proper credentials.
• We encourage using the elevators located in Turn 1 near Section 121 and
Turn 4 near Section 420. These are reserved for guests with disabilities and
one companion. Please allow enough time to be seated before the race, as
lines may occur.
• One elevator tower is located at the Main turnstile gate near sections
101/401. This elevator is intended for suite holders but is also available to
guests with disabilities and one companion. Expect delays at this elevator.
• Elevator Ambassadors are located on every level for assistance.
Accessible Transports are available for guests with disabilities who have a
valid infield pass. If a transport is needed, please visit an Info Center nearest
Coolers of any type, food or beverage, glass containers, umbrellas, folding chairs, baby strollers, bicycles, wagons, scooters and roller blades are not permitted through the gates. All bags are subject to search. One un-opened factory sealed plastic bottle of water will be permitted past the gates. For an official list of general rules, refer to Chicagoland Speedway’s official website, www.chicagolandspeedway.com, or call the box office at 815-727-RACE.
The Smoke-Free Illinois Act prohibits smoking in the grandstands at Chicagoland Speedway during events. In consideration of the comfort of all ticket holders, we ask for your cooperation. The designated smoking area is located under the grandstands on the mezzanine and concourse levels.
Re-Entry/Pass Out Policy
Guests are free to exit and re-enter Chicagoland Speedway by showing their
original admission ticket and a hand stamp at the re-entry gates. All guests
are responsible for acquiring a hand stamp before exiting the facility. NO
EXCEPTIONS. All bags are subject to search at time of re-entry.
Everyone, regardless of age, must have a ticket on reserved days. Children 12 and under are free for qualifying days
- Pitchers and Catchers Report, Spring Training on Deck - February 3, 2015
- Circuit of the Americas, Austin TX - October 25, 2013
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra - August 11, 2013
- F1 Race Takes a New Jersey Test Run - June 11, 2012
- Does the NHL Need a Total Realignment? - June 3, 2012
- Dover International Speedway, Dover DE - May 28, 2012
- Dover International Speedway, Dover DE - May 28, 2012
- Texas Motor Speedway, Ft. Worth TX - April 2, 2012
- Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Las Vegas NV. - March 7, 2012
- Phoenix International Raceway, Avondale AZ - March 4, 2012