Palace of Auburn Hills
is a multi purpose arena located in Auburn Hills, Michigan, just outside of Detroit. It is best known as the home of the Detroit Pistons of the NBA. In addition to the Pistons, the arena plays host to a large variety of concerts, boxing matches, WWE Events, ice shows and other sporting events, including: Hockey, lacrosse, indoor soccer and bull riding.
Opened in 1988, The Palace is one of the oldest arenas in the NBA; however the Pistons have shown minimal interest in replacing it since it already contains most of the amenities that professional sports teams have sought in new arenas. There has, however, been preliminary discussion of building a new arena for both the Detroit Red Wings and the Pistons in Downtown Detroit by 2015.
Capacity: Basketball – 22,076; Hockey – 20,804; End-stage concerts – 23,000; Center-stage concerts – 24,276
Looking for Tickets to a Game or Event at The Palace? Find Them Here
The Palace of Auburn Hills General Venue Information
Easily accessible of 1-75 at Lapeer Road (M-24) in Auburn Hills, Michigan (exit
81). Also accessible from Exits 79 (University Drive) and 83 9Joslyn Road.
Signs showing directions to the Palace are posted from all three exits
Depending on event:
$10 – $15 per car
$20 – $30 for Limos
$40 – $60 for buses and RV’s
**Subject to change without notice
Parking lot opens 3 hours prior to game/show start
Disabled Parking is in front of all entrances, Comcast Pavilion is Street
level and requires no stairs or elevator to access concourse.
Box Office Numbers
Box Office Hours
Monday – Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (or 30 minutes after event conclusion)
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (or 30 minutes after event conclusion)
Non-Event Sundays: Closed
Sundays With Events: 9:00 a.m. – 30 minutes after event conclusion
Types of Payment Accepted
MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express, Cash, Personal Checks can only
Will Call tickets can be picked up at the Main Box Office at the West
entrance. 90 min prior to any show/ event Will Call tickets may be picked up at any of the box offices where the event is scheduled.
Bring a picture I.D., the credit card used to purchase the tickets also the confirmation number are required.
The disabled seating locations for The Palace Of Auburn Hills are located in sections120, 107 when available, 203 and 229. There are also seats reserved for patrons with visual impairments and limited walking needs, unless not permitted by the touring artists. To purchase tickets in these sections please call (248) 377-0154. One companion seat may be purchased with the disabled seat. Additional companion seats may be purchased but will be placed in the rows ahead of the disabled sections, if available. The box office TDD line is (248) 377-0188.
Non-Professional Cameras are allowed for Pistons and Shock Games
Cameras for concerts vary per artist request.
No recording devices are allowed
Children 2 and over must have a ticket. (Subject to promoters discretion)
The Palace announces increased security measures affecting fans will be
1) There will be an increased security presence both inside and outside The
Palace of Auburn Hills.
2) Briefcases and pocketbooks will be allowed in The Palace, but will be
inspected at all entrance gates.
3) Large bags, coolers and large backpacks will not be allowed in The
4) Once they have exited, fans will not be allowed to re-enter The Palace
for any reason.
5) All vehicles without proper identification must be parked at least 100
feet from The Palace, in arena-controlled parking areas.
- StubHub Center, Carson CA - April 19, 2017
- Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis IN - April 19, 2017
- Ford Field, Detroit MI - April 19, 2017
- US Bank Stadium, Minneapolis MN - April 19, 2017
- Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia PA - April 19, 2017
- Pitchers and Catchers Report, Spring Training on Deck - February 3, 2015
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra - August 11, 2013
- F1 Race Takes a New Jersey Test Run - June 11, 2012
- Does the NHL Need a Total Realignment? - June 3, 2012
- Dover International Speedway, Dover DE - May 28, 2012