is located in Minneapolis, Minnesota and is the home of the Minnesota Twins. The Twins moved to Target Field for the 2010 season after 28 seasons at the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome. It is the first facility built specifically for the Twins, sine the old Metropolitan Stadium was built for the Minneapolis Millers five years before the Twins came to Minnesota and the Metrodome was built as a multipurpose stadium for the Twins, Minnesota Vikings and the University of Minnesota Golden Gophers football team – the 2010 season was the first since 1936 in which the franchise did not share their home stadium with an NFL team.
Target Field was awarded LEED Silver Certification by the U.S. Green Building Council, making it the second LEED-certified professional sports stadium in the United States. Nationals Park in Washington DC was the first.
In 2010, ESPN The Magazine ranked Target Field as the #1 stadium experience in North America. Target Field is a modern take on other popular MLB stadiums such as Oriole Park at Camden Yards in Baltimore, PNC Park in Pittsburgh, and AT&T Park in San Francisco. The Twins opted for a “neutral” park which was intended to favor neither hitters nor pitchers; however, following the 2010 regular season, statistics showed that the park definitely played more to the favor of pitchers than hitters. In contrast, the Twins’ two previous homes – Metropolitan Stadium and the Metrodome, were very friendly to hitters.
Location: 1 Twins Way Minneapolis, Minnesota 55403
Capacity: 39,504 (with Standing Room at least 42,035)
Field Surface: Natural Grass
Looking for Tickets to a Twins Game or Event at Target Field? Find Them Here
- StubHub Center, Carson CA - April 19, 2017
- Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis IN - April 19, 2017
- Ford Field, Detroit MI - April 19, 2017
- US Bank Stadium, Minneapolis MN - April 19, 2017
- Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia PA - April 19, 2017
- Pitchers and Catchers Report, Spring Training on Deck - February 3, 2015
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra - August 11, 2013
- F1 Race Takes a New Jersey Test Run - June 11, 2012
- Does the NHL Need a Total Realignment? - June 3, 2012
- Dover International Speedway, Dover DE - May 28, 2012