Time Warner Cable Arena
is a multi purpose arena located in Charlotte, North Carolina and is primarily known as the home of the Charlotte Bobcats of the NBA and the Charlotte Checkers of the American Hockey League. The arena also hosts college basketball games and during race week for the Sprint Cup All Star Challenge it hosts the Sprint Cup All-Star Pit Crew Challenge that is held on the Wednesday night of the race. It is held in the arena so the competition can be held rain or shine.
The arena also holds major concert tours, professional bull riding, WWE as well as Ice and Children’s shows
Capacity: Basketball – 19,077 (expandable to 20,200); Hockey – 14,100; Pro-Wrestling: 20,200; Concerts – Up to 18,250 (depending on configuration)
Looking for Tickets to a Game of show at Time Warner Cable Arena? Find Them Here
Time Warner Cable Arena General Venue Information
I-85 from the South – Exit at Billy Graham Parkway, take Billy Graham Parkway to I-77 North, exit at either I-277 North or Trade Street.
I-85 from the North – Exit at the I-77 exit at either John Belk Freeway (I-277) or Trade Street.
I-77 from the South – Exit at either John Belk Freeway (I-277) or Trade Street.
I-77 from the North – Exit at either Brookshire Freeway (I-277 East), 5th Street, Trade Street or John Belk Freeway (I-277).
FROM INSIDE THE CITY:
Brookshire Freeway (I-277) from the West – Exit at either I-77 South or Brevard Street.
NC 49/US 29 from the Northeast – Follow Tryon Street to Uptown, Time Warner Cable Arena is one block east of the intersection of Trade and Tryon Streets.
Airport – Follow Josh Birmingham Parkway 1.5 miles to Billy Graham Parkway South. Proceed on Billy Graham to I-77 North. Exit at either John Belk Freeway (I-277) or Trade Street.
Location: None. There are approx. 30,000 parking spaces within a 15 minute walk of Time Warner Cable Arena. Prices vary by lot.
Mass transit directions:
There are many ways to reach the Time Warner Cable Arena from Charlotte’s various forms of public transportation. Time Warner Cable Arena is conveniently located next to Charlotte’s main bus terminal. In addition, the arena has stops on the LYNX light rail system. Visit www.ridetransit.org for a schedule and pick-up/drop-off locations.
Box Office Numbers
For general group sales questions for Time Warner Cable Arena: 704.688.9047
Box Office Hours
M-F: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Sat & Sun: Event days only
Types of Payment Accepted
cash, amex, mc, visa, discover
Location at venue: Main Box Office – East side of the Arena with access from both Trade and Fifth Streets.
Hours of Operation: Same as Box Office Hours
This venue is accessible. For sight impaired and hearing patrons please contact the Box Office.
Time Warner Cable Arena is committed to providing every guest with a comfortable and enjoyable experience. The arena is one of the most accessible arenas in the U.S. Seating throughout the venue allows guests with accessible needs flexibility in seat locations and price levels.
Time Warner Cable Arena is committed to creating a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable sports and entertainment experience. Guests of Time Warner Cable Arena have a right to expect an environment where guests will:
• Respect and appreciate each and every fan.
• Be treated in a consistent, professional and courteous manner by all arena and team personnel.
• Enjoy the arena experience free from disruptive behavior, including foul or abusive language or obscene gestures.
• Consume alcoholic beverages in a responsible manner. Intervention with an impaired, intoxicated or underage guest will be handled in a prompt and safe manner
• Sit only in ticketed seats and show tickets when requested.
• Act in an appropriate manner without fighting, throwing objects or attempting to enter the court or stage area.
• Smoke in designated smoking areas only.
• Wear appropriate clothing and have signage that is free of any obscene or indecent messages.
• Comply with requests from arena staff regarding arena operations and emergency response procedures.
The arena staff has been trained to intervene where necessary to help ensure that the above expectations are met, and guests are encouraged to report any inappropriate behavior to the nearest event staff member. Guests who choose not to adhere to these provisions will be subject to ejection without refund and revocation of tickets and may also be in violation of the law resulting in possible arrest and prosecution.
Children 2 years or older must have a ticket for most events at the Time Warner Cable Arena. This age restriction can fluctuate from event to event.
The Time Warner Cable Arena scoreboard is the largest scoreboard in any indoor entertainment venue in the country and features the largest video screen in use in any NBA facility. With no fixed images, the scoreboard’s full-screen LED technology allows an unlimited configuration of live and recorded video, scores, animation and graphics.
- StubHub Center, Carson CA - April 19, 2017
- Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis IN - April 19, 2017
- Ford Field, Detroit MI - April 19, 2017
- US Bank Stadium, Minneapolis MN - April 19, 2017
- Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia PA - April 19, 2017
- Pitchers and Catchers Report, Spring Training on Deck - February 3, 2015
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra - August 11, 2013
- F1 Race Takes a New Jersey Test Run - June 11, 2012
- Does the NHL Need a Total Realignment? - June 3, 2012
- Dover International Speedway, Dover DE - May 28, 2012